Tell Congress to pass the Build Back Better Act
The Build Back Better Act, the heart of President Biden’s domestic agenda, would make the biggest investment in the American people, the backbone of our nation’s infrastructure, since the 1960s. It is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to make a real difference in the daily lives of students, educators, and families. And it will be paid for by ensuring corporations and the wealthiest Americans pay a fairer share of taxes.
We're coming together to tell Congress to pass President Biden’s Build Back Better Act.
The Build Back Better Act will:
- Give all 3- and 4-year-olds access to universal preschool (the largest expansion of guaranteed schooling in a century);
- Make child care and college more affordable, including HBCUs and Minority-Serving Institutions;
- Expand access to free school meals;
- Extend the tax credit that has cut child poverty in half;
- Provide additional resources for educator recruitment and retention;
- Provide paid family and medical leave;
- Extend Medicaid coverage to an additional 4 million people and expand Medicare to cover hearing expenses;
- Include reforms to our immigration system to make it more just and humane; and
- Provide resources for educator recruitment and retention.