Petition: Shut down the School-to-Prison pipeline
Zero tolerance and other exclusionary school discipline policies are pushing kids out of the classroom and into the criminal justice system at unprecedented rates—harming our students, our educators, and our communities.
There is a better way.
Join educators to Disrupt the School-to-Prison Pipeline.
- End suspensions and arrests for minor misbehavior.
- Adopt school-wide positive restorative justice practices and enhance training for all school personnel.
- Engage educators, students, parents, and community advocates to build and strengthen successful implementation.
Positive approaches to discipline can result in improved school climates and increased educational opportunities. Every student has a right to a quality education, to be treated with dignity, and to be provided with the opportunity to learn.
Disclaimer: We do not share the information you’ve given us with unaffiliated groups. We will not make any of your information publicly available, but we may transmit it to members of Congress and to the President as part of a petition. Education Votes will send you updates on this and other important campaigns by email. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, you may do so.
- Join the tens of thousands of educators who have taken the Bully Free It Starts with ME pledge.
- Sign the pledge, and together, we will work to make this vision of public education a reality.