Bipartisan legislation has been introduced in both the House (HR 1763) and Senate (S 456) to institute a yearly award for the Classified School Employee of the year. Show your support for the National Classified School Employee of the Year Award Act by signing our petition!
Classified school employees – including paraeducators, clerical assistants, school bus drivers, food service workers, custodians, school nurses, and security professionals – provide essential services to America’s public schools and institutions of higher education.
As an integral part of the public education system, partnering with teachers and other educators, classified school employees promote student achievement, ensure student safety, and contribute to the establishment and promotion of a positive instructional environment.
Classified school employees strive for excellence in all areas relative to the education community and they should be recognized for their tireless efforts on behalf of our nation’s children.
Simply fill out the form below to add your voice in support of the National Classified School Employee of the Year Award Act and urge Congress to show Education Support Professionals the respect they deserve!
What We're Reading
- 08/19/2015 "2016 Presidential Candidate Comparison" – National Education Association
- 09/16/2015 "Right to work is wrong" – St. Louis American (by state Sen. Jamilah Nasheed)
- 09/22/2015 "Scott Walker’s Exit Shows Limits of ‘Super PAC’ Money Model" – New York Times
- 09/30/2015 "Clinton to call for nixing ‘Cadillac Tax’ on health plans under Obamacare" – Washington Post
- 09/30/2015 "Governors, Teachers Unions to Congress: Fix NCLB" – US News