Dear Elected Officials,
I urge you to stand up for working families and support closing corporate tax loopholes at the federal and state level, so that additional resources can be invested in public education and other services that build our communities.
Corporate tax loopholes are costing our schools and communities resources that would help the next generation achieve the American Dream. At a time when working Americans and small businesses are suffering, large, multi-national corporations are earning record profits and paying little to no money in taxes that are intended to support the communities where they do business.
Instead of robbing children of opportunities and services they need to succeed, corporations must invest in future generations by paying their fair share.
- At the federal level, support tax reform that would close corporate tax loopholes and require more complete public disclosure of corporate income and tax payments than currently mandated.
- At the state level, support legislation that keeps corporations from shifting profits to low-tax burden states and require full disclosure of state and local incentives to corporations to ensure they pay their fair share to the states and communities where they do business.
What We're Reading
- 11/18/2014 "Congress Sends Bi-Partisan Child Care Bill to President's Desk" – CNBC
- 11/18/2014 "Degrees Not Debt" – Huffington Post
- 11/24/2014 "Court rules Michigan has no responsibility to provide quality public education" – The Michigan Citizen
- 12/08/2014 "Singularly Bad Idea: Wall Street Taking Over Public Education" – Huffington Post
- 12/10/2014 "Obama announces $1 billion investment for early childhood education" – PBS Newshour