I pledge to speak up for America’s kids by urging Congress to make the right choices to support public education and working families.
Sequestration is hurting students and communities right now. Those cuts mean $3 billion has already been slashed from federal education spending. In real terms, the cuts mean kids packed into overcrowded classrooms, fewer services for special education students and four-year-olds cheated out of early childhood education.
Some in Congress want to lock in those cuts for another year. Instead of more cuts to vital services Americans depend on, like schools, health care and job training, we need a good deal — one that protects what’s important to me, my family and my community.
By signing this pledge, I am signaling my commitment to hold my members of Congress accountable.
Sign the pledge by filling out the form below. All sections except for “Text Messages” are required. After signing the pledge, you will be redirected to a new page where you can find data on what cuts are expected to education programs as well as a break down by state.
Disclaimer: We do not share the information you’ve given us with unaffiliated groups without your explicit permission. We will not make any of your information publicly available, but we may transmit it to members of Congress and to the President as part of a petition. Education Votes will send you updates on this and other important campaigns by email. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, you may do so.
What We're Reading
- 11/03/2014 "Five Common Voter Suppression Tactics To Watch Out For" – The Nation
- 11/13/2014 "How A Disgraced College Chain Trapped Its Students In Poverty" – Buzzfeed
- 11/18/2014 "Congress Sends Bi-Partisan Child Care Bill to President's Desk" – CNBC
- 11/18/2014 "Degrees Not Debt" – Huffington Post
- 11/24/2014 "Court rules Michigan has no responsibility to provide quality public education" – The Michigan Citizen