Registration for this event has now closed. To keep up to date on all our upcoming events, sign up for the weekly Education Votes email.
Join us for a discussion of what is in the new Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) reauthorizations and how we can help make the bills better. We are currently operating under the version named No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and it’s critical to all educators, students and parents that the new law makes the right changes and improvements.
All students deserve great public schools and Congress has a responsibility to ensure the appropriate support and policies so that all students are given an opportunity for an education that allows them to thrive. We have the responsibility and opportunity to help Congress do just that.
NEA will host a webinar (combination online presentation and conference call) in the evening of July 11th.
RSVP now in order to receive log-on instructions so you can join us and be up to speed on the law and how to be involved.
You are welcome to join either session on July 11th, just let us know which one you think you will be attending –
- 6pm Eastern / 5pm Central / 4pm Rocky Mountain / 3pm Pacific
- 9pm Eastern / 8pm Central / 7pm Rocky Mountain / 6pm Pacific
And if you haven’t already signed the ESEA petition to Congress, make sure to do that today.
Disclaimer: We do not share the information you’ve given us with unaffiliated groups without your explicit permission. We will not make any of your information publicly available. Education Votes will send you updates on this and other important campaigns by email. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, you may do so.
What We're Reading
- 04/04/2014 "Documents released in open records lawsuit show lobbying group (ALEC) pulling legislators' strings" – Wisconsin State Journal
- 04/04/2014 "The cause he died for" – by Secretary of Labor Thomas Perez, via Huffington Post
- 04/08/2014 "Explosive Charge: Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel diverted $55M from public pensions into hotel his big donor bought stock in" — Pando.com
- 04/09/2014 "$200M prekindergarten plan unveiled in Connecticut" – Boston Globe
- 04/14/2014 "States Crack Down on For-Profit Colleges, Student Loan Industry" – Stateline