Tell Mitt Romney to Stand with America’s DREAMer Students
Mr. Romney, because we believe all hard-working, law-abiding students raised in the United States should have the opportunity to pursue a higher education and contribute to society, we call on you to reconsider your position of deporting students who are performing well in school and giving back to their communities.
- Promised to veto the DREAM Act, which would provide a path to legalization for qualifying students who enrolled in college or joined the military, and have been raised in the United States, and
- Refused to say whether you would reverse President Barack Obama’s order to allow students who have done well in school and played by the rules to be able to live and work in the United States temporarily.
America is strengthened by holding onto students who love our country and are contributing to it, who are class valedictorians, straight-A students, and idealistic youth committed to bettering their communities. How we treat aspiring citizens reflects our commitment to the values that define us as Americans.
That is why we call on you to support DREAMer students, and promote fairness and justice and the skilled workforce necessary for our nation to compete globally.
What We're Reading
- 07/01/2014 "Harris v. Quinn Symposium: Abood and the limits of cognitive dissonance '" – SCOTUSBlog.com
- 07/01/2014 "Nutrition Group Lobbies Against Healthier School Meals It Sought, Citing Cost" –NYT
- 07/06/2014 "Teachers threaten to derail Wi-Fi push" – The Hill
- 07/07/2014 "ALEC Politicians Caught Plagiarizing ALEC Bill, Drafting Error and All" – PR Watch
- 07/13/2014 "Teachers — and taxpayers — need the protections tenure offers" – Grand Forks Herald