Three Ways You Can Help #PROTECTDREAMERS
President Trump has advanced his nationalist agenda with the decision to end the DACA program –putting 800,000 lives of immigrant youth at the mercy of a Congress that has passed no major legislation.
For the past five years, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program proved to be an unqualified success, providing new opportunities and futures for nearly 800,000 Dreamers who live, study, and work in America. The termination of this program impacts students, educators, small business owners, healthcare workers, and so many others contributing to their families, communities, and to the country they call home.
Instead of offering an immigration process that will allow a path to citizenship so that DREAMers can continue to contribute to our communities and economy, this Administration has continued its crusade against immigrant families by stripping away their legal status.
Here are some sample tweets:
- We won’t give up on our DACAmented brothers and sisters. This is the next step. We need to act now! #PROTECTDREAMERS
- Revoking #DACA tramples on our core American values. It’s cruel & tears apart our families & communities. #DreamAct
- This is yet another example of racist, hate-fueled acts by the Trump administration. The #DACA decision is immoral and un-American
President Trump has ended the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. Please urge Congress to act swiftly to pass the Dream Act of 2017 – a permanent legislative solution that provides a pathway toward citizenship for DACA recipients and Dreamers. Dial 1-855-764-1010 now to be connected to your members of Congress. After your call, tell us how it went by filling out this form.
As a public education ally, I will continue to work to help fulfill the potential of all students regardless of immigration status by:
- Signing the pledge below to show my support to #PROTECTDREAMERS
- Mobilizing and sharing information on how allies can #PROTECTDREAMERS
- Getting informed and sharing resources for educators and allies
Resources for educators and allies can be found at www.neaedjustice.org/daca-resources
Simply fill out the form below to pledge your support for DACA!
- Join the tens of thousands of educators who have taken the Bully Free It Starts with ME pledge.
- Sign the pledge, and together, we will work to make this vision of public education a reality.