In the 60 years since the Supreme Court ruling in Brown v. Brown Board of Education, we still haven’t achieved equality in public education. Equity is one of the cornerstones of America’s public education system. That’s why NEA is bringing together educators, families and community leaders to ensure that all students have meaningful educational opportunity.
Take Action ›
Sign the pledge to demand great public schools for EVERY student. Click here ›
Check out the articles, graphics and resources below and make sure EVERY student has access to a great public school.
- Education Votes: ALEC policies threaten intended goals of Brown v Board of Education
- Education Votes: Despite Brown v Board, access to early childhood ed remains unequal
- NEA Today: Educators need to speak up louder for school equity, says civil rights expert
- Multimedia Presentation: Still separate, still unequal?
Watch the complete May 13 rally at the Supreme Court
- Brown v Board and school desegregation teaching resources and lesson plans
- Commemorate Brown v Board: Tools you can use
Check out all the great tweets using the #SchoolEquity hashtag this week!