Posted in: Voter Protection
Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights launches free Election Protection smartphone app
The 2012 election cycle is in full swing and we want to make sure you have all the information you need in order to cast a ballot. The new Election Protection smartphone app gives you all you need to know about voting in the palm of your hand! The app is available in both English and Spanish for iPhone, Android, and Blackberry users.
After downloading the app, users will be able to:
- Verify their registration and register to vote;
- Look up their polling place;
- Review key voting rules and regulations for their state;
- See what type of machine they vote on; and
- Contact Election Protection via phone or email to report a problem or get answers to their questions.
You need to be equipped and informed when heading to the polls this year and this app can help. Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights, NALEO Education Fund, New Organizing Institute Education Fund, Rock the Vote and Verified Voting have collaborated to provide this smartphone app free of charge.
As the Voting Rights Act of 1965 is challenged in the Supreme Court, educators join President Obama in calling for fair access to the polls. Read More
Election 2012 has passed, but restrictive voting laws can still impede the work of public education activists. Read More